If you’re currently suffering from lumbar spinal stenosis and need help to recover, a pain management specialist at Advanced Pain Medical Group in Los Angeles can help. Through new treatments including Vertiflex Superion Spinal Decompression, you can feel long-lasting relief from pain and aches.
What is Lumbar Spinal Stenosis?
Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, or LSS, is a painful condition in which the spinal canal in our backs that houses the spinal nerves begins to narrow. This narrowing causes the spinal cord to become compressed, which can be caused by a number of issues. It is most common in adults over the age of 50 who have existing osteoarthritis.
It’s important to get spinal stenosis treatment by a pain doctor if you have debilitating symptoms including:
- Lower back pain
- Chronic back pain
- Sciatica, or a burning sensation running down the legs
- Numbness in the lower extremities
- Foot drop
- Low libido or sex drive
- Hunching over
- Pain upon standing
- Pain that gets better with sitting
All these symptoms can be managed with proper treatment, including vertiflex for spinal lumbar decompression.
What is Vertiflex for Spinal Stenosis?
This is a minimally invasive procedure that can be done in an outpatient setting and is completely reversible and effective at treating LSS. This is an excellent procedure for patients who are in relatively good health and have not had success treating LSS through other conservative methods, such as:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, or NSAID’s
- Regular massage therapy
- Other forms of physical therapy
- Lifestyle changes
During the procedure:
- A local anesthetic is applied to the area of the spine the spacer will be placed in (up to two can be placed during one procedure).
- A surgeon makes a 1/2″ incision and then places a dilator tube that will hold the vertebrae open.
- A Vertiflex Superion implant is placed outside the spine to open it up and decompress the spinal cord. These spinal spacers come in various sizes and leave minimal scar tissue on the spine. They are also FDA-approved and can help people feel pain relief for up to 48 months.
Get Help From an LA Pain Specialist Today
At Advanced Pain Medical Group, we know how difficult it can be to suffer from LSS. Fortunately, an LA pain specialist at our pain clinic can help you feel relief and improve your quality of life through Vertiflex for spinal stenosis. Call us today to speak to a pain doctor and see how we can help you live your best life!